Freezing temperatures are expected over the coming days. To limit issues that may arise because of the inclement weather, your Water District requests that customers do the following:
- Turn off, isolate, and drain your irrigation system and backflow prevention device.
- Unhook any outdoor water hoses attached to your faucets.
- Wrap outdoor pipes and faucets with foam, rags, or other insulating material. To keep the insulation in place, secure it with string, wire, or tape.
- Install insulation or covers over outside water faucets.
- Open cabinet doors under your sinks to provide warm air circulation.
- Circulate water in your home by allowing at least on sink to drip.
- Keep the temperature of your home above 55 degrees.
If a leak is detected inside your home, shut off the water to the house immediately to prevent further damage.